What is Graphite?
Graphite is one of the most versatile non-metallic minerals in the world. It has endless potential applications in almost every industry due to its unique and extraordinary qualities:
- Graphite is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity
- It has the highest natural strength and stiffness of any material
- It maintains its strength and stability to temperatures over 3,600 °C
- It is one of the lightest of all reinforcing agents
- It is a natural lubricant
- It is chemically inactive, with high resistance to corrosion